Saturday, February 23, 2013

INTRO TO DLite

Dillon DLite

INTRODUCTIONS: 

DLite YouTube Introduction

Dillon DLite Online CompCard and Social Networking Share

WHYI DECIDED TO BLOG: 

I will be blogging my journey in my goal to become a working model. I feel this is going to be an interesting ride and from where I stand today I am willing to share the entire journey in the hopes that I can inspire others to find their passion and reach for the sky....  

I know this will be one of the most challenging goals I have set for myself, mostly because in my previous endeavors, gymnastics and dance, when I started I didn't have a goal initially, they were simply what I was doing  and was content with that, I didn't start out as a gymnast or a dancer looking ahead to where it would take me. Only until I began to be successful did I realize I had reached goals and at that point it was easy to set new goals because I had accomplished the hardest part and was already confident in my abilities. In this case I it's the opposite, I am starting with a goal, knowing that I am at ground zero and that I am at the starting line of a race in which the terrain is a mystery and how to compete is not yet clarified. 

That being said, in an effort to be realistic, my goal is simple:  
To work doing something I love, with professionals who are equally as passionate about this work. 

I have always had a profound passion for performing, athletics and dance have provided the stage and the platform, but now I am ready to take the next step. At 18 I have been a state champion athlete, a community organizer, been employed since the summer after my freshman year at the same job, and an honor roll student throughout high school. I have demonstrated I am responsible, driven and passionate, I believe if your intentions are right then any goal is attainable. i am seeking a career in modeling because I have always felt that was my calling, but I needed to accomplish other goals first and I now feel prepared. I am not seeking fame or fortune, my goals are realistic, I want to go to college and have a job that can support that goal in order I can get the best education possible. 


I have been a gymnast and then a dancer for most of my life and have been successful in both endeavors. When i commit to something I give it everything I got. I was a NY York State Champion Gymnast and was competing at skill set level 9 by the time I was 12, competing against gymnasts 3 and 4 years older then me. I was introduced to dancing when I was invited to be on a competition team for a couple of years when I was younger, I competed in Hip Hop, Jazz and Acro Dance partnering with a female gymnast. I started dancing again at age 14 when I discovered Lite Feet, a YouTube dance sensation that has spread across the country. I travel to NYC frequently to compete and I host battle events in my own town as well.  As part of volunteer work with gang prevention, Lite Feet was the ideal activity to engage the youth in my community that is a viable and fun alternative to activity that is negative or harmful. Lite Feet take hours, days even months of practice to be battle ready, but once you participate in a Lite Feet battle and it's posted on You Tube, there is no feeling to describe how awesome that is, judged by your peers, wining a battle is as good as any trophy or medal I won in gymnastics.  

Dancing and gymnastics gave me a unique set of skills and attitudes that have prepared me for this next goal I have set for myself. They include, determination, focus, grace, dedication, patience, flow, creativity, core strength, endurance, and finally both confidence that you gain from years of succeeding at the goals set and humility, which comes from knowing there is always room to grow and your only as good as your last performance. In gymnastics, win or lose I always felt a winner because my goal was to push my limits and exceed my expectations and as long as I accomplished that I was proud.  In dance it's similar only now I have the ability to be creative and my confidence increases the more I grow in my creativity. I am humbled by both, in gymnastics the boys I coach (as one of the youngest USA Gymnastics certified coaches in NY state) look up to me and I am have the unique opportunity to work with each child individually, knowing their limits and pushing them to exceed their limits in order they grow. In the Lite Feet Dance world I literally have hundreds of young kids who come to my events and who I have inspired to dance. I know these young eyes are watching me, I learn from them as much as they learn from me, they keep me in check. 

In an effort to create a location for everything social networking, I created an online comp card and am including my blog postings as well. 

More pictures to come, this is the first draft with the photos I had. I am seeking a photographer who will work with me on Comp Card and portfolio build.  But I wanted to get something up and connect all my social sites.I am basically starting this process by building a network and creating places that allow me to to showcase my photographs and my dancing..  

Building my network, has already paid off, I was offered a job with a company that does nationwide staffing for events, promo and modeling, they had me booked to work at a VIP event at a concert but the concert was cancelled. I got this job because I decided to register with ONE of the pay for online casting sites.  The staff at the company who I deal with who hires talent seem to really like my resume and in turn their client wanted me to be hired for the event. Had I worked just this one event,  I would have paid for the pay for site with just a days work, at the rate agreement offered. 

I also met the owner of an agency and I was invited to take the  Modeling for Catalog Class, with James Pintaud at ALBANY TALENT At my next photo shoot, I now have all the tools, tricks and tips every model should know to make every shot viable and usable, ideally the client can look at your sheet and  have to decide which look they want because every shot would be usable..  My ability to deliver a good photograph consistently, and to quickly ascertain the photographers timing and apply these basic and simple steps that the course covers, has improved 100% as well as my confidence.  There is a course II and III .Which I intend to take, but once you take the first one, you can can take it again because its all technique, basic simple steps, but the more comfortable you are with the content the easier it will be to apply. 

Anybody aspiring to be a model, your photogenic and take great photos but at a photo shoot not 100 percent comfortable, I recommend you take this class. This gives you a step by step simple guide to make EVERY picture the look you intend for it to be, which will impress the photographer and the client, and if its a catalog shoot its almost a guarantee

Good Luck to all Aspiring Models, hmu if you want to share stories, success and even when not so much...... 
DLite 

No comments:

Post a Comment