Tuesday, February 26, 2013

WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT....

I appreciate anyone who takes the time time to check me out. There is a story here and I am going to blog this next journey as it happens. I am walking into new brand new territory and def not on any of the paths I had thought I would be, I realized I have been expected to take a certain path, and so I just accepted that is what I would do. As I started getting ready for my expected next steps, I realized that the choices I have made over the last four years closed some doors that could have made that pathway a lot easier. But I have no regrets, those were sacrifices I chose to make and I helped some kids maybe have new paths open for them. I also see that new pathways, I never considered, are there should I choose to take them. If I learned anything when my father died and I had to leave the sport I loved, although it was devastating loss at the time, I ended up getting a job as a gymnastics coach at the gym I thought I had left behind. I love my job and the boys I coach inspire me everyday. I also

found Lite Feet dance, which has been the most incredible journey and changed everything about who I was before. It's still competitive but its artistic and creative and fun. I am going to follow my heart and follow this calling, and follow a dream that is a whole new world for me, but that I feel that gymnastics and dance experience has prepared me for. So this is the "UNEXPECTED JOURNEY", I am giving myself a year to see if I can climb another mountain and succeed. I am driven and determined and I am going to give this all I got. I am choosing this new path now, unfamiliar and unknown, but i have confidence, a strong support network of friends and family and a definate vision of where I want to be. To all my freinds who were there in the years my father was sick, and who stood by me as I suffered both the loss of my father and my sport I loved, you all kept me going. Even when I started doing this "weird" dance and you all probably thought I was crazy, but I saw what Lite Feet was, I knew what it could be, but NEVER did I think it would transform our lives and inspire our community. And to my new friends who support me and believe in me, you are inspiring me to take this risk and fight harder. I am humbled by all the support and greatful for the amazing friends I have. None of that would be. had I followed the "expected' plan and was still a gymnast, I am sure there was a future there for me, but I learned it's useless to try to figure out where I am gonna end up, I am just going to start climbing the mountain and see how high I can get.




 
Thank you for taking the time to check out my site

No comments:

Post a Comment